PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence
- Create a safe outdoor area for your pets without a physical fence
- Deluxe UltraLight Receiver Collar includes 4 levels of Static Correction plus tone-only mode for training; train your pet in 2 weeks when used as directed
- Waterproof Receiver Collar with low battery indicator includes RFA-67 battery module with 1-2 month expected battery life
- Adjustable Receiver Collar fits pets 8 pounds or more with neck sizes 6 to 28 inches
- Covers up to 1/3 of an acre, expandable up to 5 acres with additional wire and flags (sold separately)
The fence system consists of a receiver which you can attach to your pet’s collar. If your pet gets anywhere near the wire ‘fence’ on the ground, you will hear a signal and thus know that your pet is near the boundary. You can also use training to reinforce the message. Over time, your pet will learn not to cross the boundary and then stay within the ‘fence’ most of the time.
What’s in the box
The system comes with the following:
- 500 feet of boundary or ‘fence’ wire and 50 boundary flags,
- a radio transmitter with power adapter,
- a lightweight receiver with adjustable collar sizes 6″ to 28″,
- an operating and training guide DVD, and
- the battery for the collar unit and a test light tool.
You can use this device for pets up to 8 pounds. It is also capable of monitoring a few pets at a time (additional collars needed though). It’s quick and easy to install, reliable and safe, and provides 5 static correction levels for pet training.
I should mention though that this radio fence can be used only in the US. The power adaptor is compatible only with a 110v power supply and not 220v international power outlets. A nice touch is that it has a low battery indicator which tells you its time to charge it up again.
Not a preventative tool
The only downside of this radio fence could be that you cannot use it to physically keep your pet inside the boundary fence. You will probably have to do some training first. But that’s what I would rather do, instead of forcing my pet to be imprisoned! The clear and simple instructions and the DVD makes the process much easier. Once training is done though, you can stop worrying about the safety of your pet!