How do you charge your phone or tablet? If you are like most folks, you use the charge it came with or one of many you have collected over the years. Induction “wireless” charging has been here for some time now but its not very popular yet.
This may all however be about to change with a Kickstarter project that aims to combine induction charging with magnetic levitation to create this uber-cool device:
The trick is simple physics – magnets of similar poles oppose each other. There is an electromagnet in the base, and you slip on a special case over your phone which becomes the other magnet in the pair. Some smart electro-wizardry then rotates the phone as it levitates, creating the very cool end result. When the battery is full, the ovRcharge will stop charging but keeps rotating the phone till you pick it up.
The devices supported include:
- Apple iPhone 6, 6S, iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus, iPhone 5, 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone SE, iPad Pro.
- Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Galaxy J7, J2, Galaxy Note 5, Note7 (coming soon).
- Sony Xperia E5, Xperia XA, Xperia X, Xperia Z6, Xperia M5.
- LG X Skin, X5, X Power, V10, Nexus 5X, G5.
- Huawei Honor Note 8, Honor 8, Honor 5A, Nexus 6P.
- HTC 10, ONEPLUS 3.
The project has been funded well above its target and there are only a few backer spots left at the time of going to press. Grab one before this funding round closes!